Just got back from Europe and was trying to copy the trip photos from my SD card to the computer, but I found a problem in one of the memory card (8gig Kingston)…

MemoryCard

9 days of photos are missing from the card! Instead, I find three huge files (1~3gb) with weird names and file extensions! After I finished panicking, I sat down and started researching for data recovery programs.

So far, ZAR (Zero Assumption Recovery) seems to work the best. I managed to recover ~90% of the photos in the card. The remaining 10% are recovered but the images are now invalid and unable to view. If anyone knows of any method/programs that may help, please do advise!

With 90% of the photos recovered, I am very satisfied already, but if can achieve 100%, I will be even more grateful! TIA :)

Advertisements